Tuesday, January 20, 2009

bioTrekker in Tampa!


Hey everyone,

I too agree that this blog has fallen into disuse the past few months, but I'll try to fill in some of the details as time and my new job at The University of Florida permit. I just spent a week at the FRVTA (Florida Recreational Vehicle Trade Association) Super Show (the largest in the US), and so I'm once again recharged with a desire to move forward in the promotion of biodiesel as well as other alternative energy solutions. I was impressed by the desire of many of the attendees along with some of the exhibitors to continue to think green and all that entails for the RV Industry.

Back at the University of Florida, I took a 4pm to Midnight shift Manager's job at the Reitz Student Union to allow me to make some money during this economic downturn as well as give me a chance to meet with Faculty, Staff, and Students at UF who were interested in talking about alternatives to fossil fuel. Following one of the mantras of the Sixties to; Think Globally, Act Locally, I'm in the initial stages of discussion of how to make biofuel-producing Algae from waste treatment water and then use that biofuel to run local vehicles like the Gainesville School Buses and the RTS (Regional Transit System) Commuter Buses. I'll keep posting and promoting this idea, and any help you out there in cyberspace could give me would be very much appreciated.

That's all for now, take care and all the best!

Michael

1 comment:

TravelingOnTheOutskirts said...

*poke*
Any updates as of late? Sorry we missed you in Tampa - are you planning any other trips?